- Posted by Vidcruiter
- On March 26, 2012
- 0 Comments
- live interview, online interview software, video interviewing, virtual interviewing
Just like traditional face-to-face interviews, this is a make or break process for you as a candidate. You need to impress your recruiter so you must follow some guides on how to go about the interview well.
- Because you are visible to the interviewer via webcam or video conferencing, you must still wear the appropriate attire and you must be polite and courteous during the entire course of the interview.
- Practice a mock video interview with a friend from a remote computer so the nervousness will be lessened in the actual one.
- Make sure your webcam, microphone and your Internet connection are excellent during the entire interview. Check them hours in advance.
- There must be adequate light in front of you so that the interviewer can detect your facial expressions easily. Remember that most interviewers are behavioural practitioners.
- Shut down all electronic devices that may interfere during the video interview.
- Make sure the background surrounding encompassing the camera view is neat as this will also reflect your character as a neat person.
- Do not disturb the webcam.
- Stop playing with the microphone even when you are fidgety as this may cause static signal from the interviewer’s end.
- Never entertain other phone calls during the course of the interview.
What’s essential is that video interview is similar to face-to-face interview, only less costly for both you as the applicant and the interviewer as the recruiter. Now, are you ready for a video interview?
Enter your email address at the top right of this blog to receive our weekly post about how you can prepare for your next interview!