Video interviews are becoming increasingly popular for job interviews.
We at VidCruiter recommend you, the applicant, to follow certain guidelines in order to ensure you have a successful interview.
Are you Applying for a Job Using VidCruiter and Need Help?
Contact our applicant support team by emailing [email protected] or by calling 1-855-999-4601.
Prepare for the Video Interview
- Research the company and industry like you would for a traditional interview
- Ensure that your internet, webcam and microphone are fully connected and working properly before the interview
- It’s preferable not to use public Wi-Fi as the connection may not be strong
- Arrange with other individuals on the same network to have all streaming services closed (All streaming media like Netflix, Hulu, etc.)
- Close all other open tabs and programs on your device
- Update your browser, older browsers can cause problems
Proper Location and Conditions
- Ensure the lighting is bright in front of you, however avoid bright lighting behind you
- Do the interview in a quiet area avoiding interruptions (Ex: no animals, no noise)
- Use a plain background
- The webcam should have a head-shot view, no lower than your shoulders
Practice, Practice, Practice!
For most people, this would be their first time doing a video interview. To make sure you have great results and don’t give off a negative impression; you will need to practice beforehand. Find some questions online and rehearse them for 2-3 minutes in front of your camera to ensure you feel comfortable. Feel free to keep your cover letter and resume by your side.