- Posted by Vidcruiter
- On May 29, 2012
- 0 Comments
- applicant tracking system, online recruiting, recruiting platform, recruitment software
Cover letters are admittedly boring to write. They are likewise difficult to get right plus on top of that, you may already be preoccupied with writing both your portfolio and resume. But the cover letter must be equally important since this will be the first document from you that will be scrutinized by the recruiter.
So the following are a few examples of some “dos” in making a great cover letter:
1. A great cover letter must be customized to the particular position the candidate is applying for.
2. It must vividly paint a picture of who the applicant is as a person and why he or she is best suited for the vacancy.
3. The applicant must explicitly mention about his or her personal background which can be translated as an asset to the company.
4. Mentioning about juggling time in a hectic day-to-day life wouldn’t hurt either.
5. Also mention about one’s personal advantages in working with the company (i.e. the office is ten minutes away from one’s home).
So there you have it. Are there other tips that are not mentioned here?
Stay put for more in our succeeding posts.