- Posted by Vidcruiter
- On May 31, 2012
- 0 Comments
- applicant hiring system, automated recruiting, future of recruiting, interview system
From our first article, we learned the importance of a cover letter being the first document that will be examined by the recruiter.
A great cover letter must show personal interest in working with the company. And the reason must be specific which makes it both more believable and compelling for the recruiter to read.
Here are 14 suggested tips in succeeding to write your fantastic cover letter:
1. It must be concise, leaving minute details in the resume.
2. Write a cover letter in as short time as possible to make it more concise.
3. It must provide personal information about the applicant such as one’s personal traits and working habits.
4. Make it appear that you are a fan of the products and services of the company that you are applying for.
5. Mention about the awards you have received from your past employers.
6. Personalize your letter.
7. Adapt the letter to the company that you are applying.
8. Addressing an actual person is important, too. This is one way of impressing recruiters that you really took the effort in identifying who your interviewer is.
9. Include samples of your written work that you did for your previous employer. This is a great way to show off your work and to showcase your skills to the recruiter.
10. Answer all questions in the job posting truthfully.
11. Know the company.
12. Use humor if appropriate. But be very careful with this one. Professionalism comes first.
13. Make sure you’re qualified.
14. Convince that you’ll be a company asset once hired.
So what do you think about the aforementioned tips? What else do you think are features of a great cover letter?