- Posted by Vidcruiter
- On March 17, 2012
- 0 Comments
- applicant hiring system, applicant recruiting system, recruiting platform, video interviewing
If you have just started creating a company, then you better hire the best people because they can tremendously affect the quality of your products or services. You want to hire two kinds – fresh graduates and technical veterans. You need these people to steer your company to success.
Any good hiring procedure should:
- Provide a system that can efficiently point out the best candidates who have undergone the first round of interviews. The same system must also weed out the unqualified applicants. But the applicants must be replied through email why they are not qualified for the job so your company won’t be badmouthed in the future.
- Conduct reference checking as it would reflect on what kind of person he was dealing with his colleague. The new hire must be a natural team player.
- Use a tracking form to monitor candidates. Again, this must be inputted in the applicant tracking system (ATS) software.
- Develop a job advertising record to track on which online forum has lots of applicant-takers and which has the least ones. Then focus on the online forum which has the most number of applicants getting through. This is the online forum that may likely have the most qualified candidates for the job.
- Invest time to interview candidates. In this global setting, face-to-face interviews are impractical with the logistical costs for the recruiters so online video interviewing is the most practical way.
- Build relationships with candidates. This can be accomplished during the video interviewing.
- See to it that once the new hire gets to sign his or her contract, he or she is immediately enrolled in the training program of the company. Even veterans from other companies need to undergo this as the training program in each company is specific within that firm. No corporate atmosphere is alike.
- Review, look into and improve the recruitment process. Set up a weekly meeting with the recruiters or the HR department in your company and have them point out the flaws in the current recruiting system. Then sound out suggestions to improve the recruiting system.
Is your current hiring process the best one that works for you or do you feel the need for improvement?
To learn more about how you can improve your hiring go to www.vidcruiter.com.
And don’t forget to enter your email address at the top right of this blog to receive our latest posts!