- Posted by Vidcruiter
- On September 20, 2012
- 0 Comments
- applicant hiring system, future of recruiting, interview system, new applicant tracking
Determining the HR Applicant’s Understanding of Employment Laws
The position of a human resource personnel deals with several technicalities, particularly with the laws that guard and enforce the rights of the workers, administration and owners. A good human resource personnel must have more than the set of required HR skills but he must also have a comprehensive understanding of employment laws and the cases where these laws are incurred. Given this principle, the different employment tests and skills interviews a candidate will go through may not be enough when one really wants to hire someone really good for the position. It is important to consider asking an applicant about his knowledge and experience with cases involving labor codes. This way, the interviewer or employer can be sure that his HR is equipped to handle legal issues in the company and among the workers.
If you are the one handling the employee screening, then you might want to ask these questions:
- Do you know the rates for our national minimum wage?
- How do you compute for the minimum wage?
- When are you entitled to receive double payment for a day’s work?
- What should be found in a payslip?
- What are the conditions for the payment scheme between the employer and the employees?
- What are the retirement privileges of an employee?
- What are your rights as an employee?
- What are the agencies governing employee rights and obligations?
- Can you give us insight on fair labor practices?
- When can you terminate an employee?
- When can you hire workers who are younger than the required work age?
- What do we mean by occupational health and safety?
Contracts and Agreements
- What is a contract of employment?
- What should be found in a contract of employment?
- When can you be judged as to have committed a breach of contract?
- What are CBAs and when can we find CBAs in a company?
Day –offs, leaves and holidays
- What are the different forms of leave days?
- What will you do when an employee files for a maternity and paternity leave?
- When is an employee entitled to have leaves with pay?
There are still more employment questions you can ask the applicant, but before asking these things, ask yourself as well, “Do I know the answers to these questions too?”
To learn how you can improve your hiring go to https://www.vidcruiter.com/applicant-tracking-system.
And don’t forget to enter your email address at the top right of this blog to receive our latest posts!