- Posted by Vidcruiter
- On April 30, 2014
- 0 Comments
- Skype, VidCruiter, VidCruiter vs. Skype, video interview
Are you interested in the video recruiting process? Are you aware of just how much time and money this can save your organization? Although this may be something you are considering, you cannot move forward until you compare all your options and make a decision as to which program is best for you.
As you compare VidCruiter and Skype, you will soon see why a growing number of companies are turning to our service. Below are several benefits of relying on our collection of video interviewing tools:
1. Multiple interview types. With Skype, you are forced to use one interview option: face to face. While this may be beneficial at some point for some companies, this is not always the case.
With VidCruiter, you can interview face to face as well as through a variety of other methods. For example, the interviewer can record questions for the candidate to answer. From there, the interviewer can watch each interview at a convenient time.
2. Playback the interview. Imagine this scenario: you have one opening but two qualified candidates. With Skype, once your interview is complete you are done. With VidCruiter, however, you can playback the video as often as you want, ensuring that you better understand what each interviewee had to say. This can make the final selection much easier.
3. Avoid common glitches. Let’s face it: any time you rely on a free download software you could run into a glitch or bug. Furthermore, getting assistance from the software provider can be an impossible task.
With VidCruiter, you don’t have to concern yourself with this. Our technical support is top of the line, and most issues can oftentimes be resolved by simply refreshing your browser.
4. Technical support. Despite the fact that VidCruiter takes great pride in providing simple to use recruiting tools, you may have questions from time to time. We are always here to answer your questions, provide advice, and make sure you have a good experience. Can the same be said for Skype? Would you even know where to start if you have a question?
5. Simultaneous participants. Depending on the size of company and position for which you are hiring, you may want more than one person to sit in on the interview. With VidCruiter, you can bring in your entire team and let them be part of the process. Not only does this make for a more efficient interview, but it saves everybody, including the interviewee, a lot of time.
In addition to the above, there are other differentiating factors that set VidCruiter apart from the competition:
- We offer branded webcam interviews, which is essential when interviewing candidates
- Easily share recordings with others
- A system for rating applicants, allowing you to make more informed hiring decisions
- Increased privacy, as all conversations on Skype become the property of Skype (does that worry you?)
- No download required to use VidCruiter
- No need to add candidates to personal contacts in order to communicate
Now that you have a better idea of how VidCruiter and Skype stack up against one another, what are you going to do? Like many, it may be time for you to make the change to a solution that is dedicated to your video recruiting needs.