- Posted by Vidcruiter
- On January 9, 2015
- 0 Comments
Regardless of your profession, you know that a lack of time can eventually turn into a major problem. This is particularly true for recruiters, as they only have so much time to find, compare, and interview applicants. Fortunately, technology has made it easier than ever to streamline the recruitment, interview, and hiring process.Time for Another Interview?
In many companies, a person cannot be hired until they are interviewed by multiple people. Traditionally, this means that interviewers and candidates will spend hour after hour interviewing.
Fortunately, there is a solution to this problem: asynchronous video interviewing.
With this, an applicant only has to go through one interview. From there, it can be shared with anybody and everybody who wants to evaluate the candidate.
Filtering and Screening
Is there anything more frustrating than interviewing a candidate who is clearly unqualified for the position? When you do this over and over, it could mean many hours of lost time and frustration.
This is why it is so important to filter and screen applicants before reaching out to schedule interviews.
With the use of filtering technology, your software system can automatically filter out applicants that do not meet the job requirements. You can set as many filtering and screening questions as you want, such as:
- What is your highest level of education?
- Are you eligible to work in a particular country?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Do you hold a certain certification?
Tools, Tools, and More Tools
There are a variety of tools that can save you time and improve your overall level of efficiency.
For example, automated reference checking is growing in popularity. There are many benefits of this, including:
- Applicants contact references on your behalf, asking them to complete a private online report. In other words, you don’t do the work, the applicant does.
- The ability to request references at any point in time.
Applicant tracking is another tool that will make your life easier. With this, you can do the following:
- Search and sort based on skill set.
- Rank candidates based on predetermined criteria.
- Filter through information not listed in resumes.
- Store resumes so that you can easily access them later.
As a recruiter, you don’t have to live with the idea that you will continually waste valuable time. Instead, you can use technology to your advantage.