- Posted by Vidcruiter
- On October 4, 2011
- 0 Comments
- live interview, video interviewing, video interviews, video screen
The secret to standing out is: Video!
So what is the solution? Build a great first impression! And the cool thing is now it’s pretty affordable to do so with video. Let’s call this the Video Application Form. Basically the first thing an applicant sees when they land on your recruiting website. This could even be a page before your current application form (with VidCruiter it’s all in one).
Imagine you’re surfing through all these job applications and all of a sudden you land on a website that has a cool Video Application Form! Right off the bat your organization stands out. Now this video application form could be someone in your organization explaining what kind of company you have, what kind of culture they can expect and basically selling the candidate on working for YOU!
At the end of the day, the first job of HR, unless you’re IBM, is to tell people why they should work for you and what makes you great. Ever see these kinds of videos? Some companies are starting to make them but the weird thing is most are not putting these videos on their application forms for the applicants to see when applying.
I would think the first thing you want an applicant to see when applying to your company for a position is a branded video application form of why they should work for you. Our feedback regarding this has been tremendous. Here are a few points of what your video application form could showcase to applicants:
- See a face to the company
- How it works in your organization
- Show them inside your buildings to get an idea of the environment
- Applicants are more excited about your job opportunity than any other
- Applicants tell their friends about the video they saw
- Applicants can see other people that work for you and even some testimonials
- Showcase your culture
- Weed out people that don’t see a fit right off the bat instead of wasting your time
- Have your CEO talk about his vision
- Get them to pre-meet your HR staff so applicants feel less nervous in person
- Showcase the fact your company is using technology and how you are a leader even in HR
- MAKE A GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION!