- Posted by Vidcruiter
- On October 12, 2011
- 0 Comments
- applicant hiring system, applicant recruiting system, automated recruiting, future of recruiting
I was just scanning the HR tech conference tweets and saw this awesome post about Walmart using Video Interview Software in their hiring process and saving over 5 million in the last 2 years. It was posted here by Chris Brabc on October 6, 2011.
“Walmart Embraces Video Interviewing for Job Applicants”Here are the pearls of wisdom from the session given by the head of Corporate Recruiting for Walmart:
- The reason for video interviewing is twofold: 1) You save $ in screening candidates with a first round interview (flights, hotels, cabs, etc.) 2) Saves hiring managers time as they can screen candidates on their own schedule.
- Video interviewing should replace the first round interview in your interview process. It is NOT a substitute for final interviews.
- By using video interviewing, Walmart has saved an estimated cost of $2.2 million in 2011 and $3.1 million in 2012. Andy time you can save over $5 million in two years, you’re doing something right!
- Hiring Manager adoption for this is very high. In a recorded interview with a hiring manager, she asked them to please not take this tool away from them. I’ve seen this type of buy-in from hiring managers only a handful of times in the HR Technology space. Very powerful stuff!
- For candidates that don’t have webcams (this # is decreasing rapidly), Walmart ships out free webcams that are company branded. Not only is this a nice touch with their employer brand but it helps provide candidates with instructions on how to use webcam so interviews go smoothly.
- Cost and time savings are the most important benefits but another result of more video interviewing is decreasing Walmart’s recruiting organization’s ecological footprint as well!”
Just goes to show we are on the right path, and we know we can do a better job than Walmart’s current vendors. Sign up for a demo (here, look for the big red button) and see for yourself.