The Efficient and Cost-effective Way to Conduct Job Interviews
Video interviewing software has become an invaluable tool for companies looking to streamline the traditional interview process and increase efficiency. This innovative approach can be used in various stages of hiring, from the early screening stages to the final interviews. By leveraging the power of video, recruiters save time and money while increasing the overall quality of their candidate pool.
How Do Video Interviews Work?
While there are similarities between both video interviewing products, there are some major differences in how the two systems work. Having two kinds of interviewing makes the process more flexible for candidates and recruiters.
what our clients have to say
– Madelaine B
What is a video interview?
Video software electronically connects hiring professionals with candidates, allowing HR professionals to interview applicants face-to-face without having to be in the same room. This popular interviewing technique is so convenient, efficient and affordable, it has replaced many outdated hiring processes such as phone interviews. It’s become the new standard for recruiting. Advancements in technology have greatly improved the process, making it more streamlined and integrated with other online hiring tools. Some serve as a complete recruitment solution, helping manage every stage of the recruiting process.
How do video interviews work?
They work in much the same way as in-person job interviews—but they are conducted using video conferencing software. Start by creating a list of intelligent interview questions to minimize bias in the hiring process. Implementing a structured digital interview methodology eliminates the guesswork and provides a fair line of questioning for all interviewed applicants. When you’re ready to conduct the interview, you, any other people involved in the hiring process, and the applicants will need:
- An electronic device connected to the internet
- A laptop
- Desktop computer
- Mobile phone
- Functional webcam and microphone
Choose to meet online in real-time using scheduling software or pre-record interviews. In this scenario, job applicants are shown questions one at a time and then they record their answers. Either way, the online interviews are set up via a simple email invitation containing the link. HR professionals can easily rate and make comments, allowing hiring teams to collaborate and shortlist applicants with ease.
Why use video interviewing?
Companies switch to online recruitment for many reasons, including:
- Reduce time-to-hire by up to 80%
- Cutting costs, especially travel-related expenses
- Minimizing emissions from reduced travel
- Eliminating the frustration of phone tag and long email exchanges
- Decreasing hiring bias
- Finding top talent anywhere in the world
Unlike one-dimensional resume and telephone interviews, videos reveal much more information about candidates. Why? Because interviewers can see applicants’ facial expressions, hand gestures, mannerisms, as well as background indicators, helping HR professionals get a better picture of them before making a job offer.
Are there different types of video interviews?
Yes, HR professionals can choose to interview candidates in real-time or on their own time. Your preferred method will depend on the structure of your hiring team and your unique recruitment objectives.
- Pre-recorded video interviews consist of a series of predetermined questions, which are sent to applicants so they can record their responses. This is a very popular method because hiring teams simply watch and grade the recorded videos when time allows. There’s no need to arrange a set time to meet online, making scheduling conflicts and time zone considerations a thing of the past.
- Live video interviews connect hiring professionals and teams with job applicants face-to-face in real-time at a distance at a mutually-convenient time. Think of it as a professional version of video platforms like Zoom and Skype. It takes video conferencing freebies to the next level by providing a secure, reliable and seamless connection with built-in candidate rating functionality.
What should I look for in a video interview provider?
In our digital age, there are certainly no shortage of software offerings for recruiters. But they’re not all the same. Here are some things to consider when choosing a solution.
- Ease of use: How user-friendly is the software?
- Pricing: How is the cost calculated?
- Support & Training: What kind of support and training is offered?
- Candidate Experience: How does the platform ensure a positive experience for job applicants?
- Brand Promotion: Can you include and customize elements of your brand?
- Collaboration, Customization & Scalability: Is the software capable of growing alongside your business and engaging multiple stakeholders?
- Mobile-friendly: Does the technology work on mobile apps?
- Customization: How adaptable is the platform to your personal preferences?
- Integrations: Does the platform integrate with your existing applicant tracking system (ATS)?
- Structured Interviews: Are the same questions being asked to all applicants in the same order so the hiring team can evaluate candidates fairly?
- Happy Customers & Referrals: Are there examples of satisfied customers and testimonials?
- Thought Leadership: Does the technology have a reputation as being an industry leader that can share recruitment knowledge?
VidCruiter's video interviewing software can be easily customized to your unique hiring needs. This helps HR professionals around the world find top talent more quickly while minimizing hiring expenses.